Friday, November 18, 2005

Archival spotting


Q: What do you do when nothing exciting is going on in the world of Multiple Options?
A: Archival bus spotting!

This is an activity that involves looking at old photos for the presence of coaches. Someone suggested looking at the entire Seattle Times microfiche archive in an effort to spot every single Metro bus ever in print. While this sounds exciting, I must limit myself to spotting by happenstance. Today's spot is picture I found of coach #999. Seeing this makes me a little sad that I will probably never have a live-action 3-digit spot.

3 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger jonglix said...

I'm proud to say I've ridden this series, altough before I was a serious spotter. What about the 4000 series in the background?

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Final Answer said...

And what about the massive web of cables overhead?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger jonglix said...

ahh yes. 12th and Jackson vicinity I believe - great for spotting the trolley coaches headed back to base!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home