Friday, November 04, 2005

BK doesn't just stand for Burger King any more

As of 8:30am this morning, BK stands for Bus Karma. And today I had plenty of it.

Today is my Free Day and I planned to spend it being a productive, paper-writing grad student in the library. I was in a good mood and left my house with plans to catch the 49 to campus. Somewhat to my dismay I saw the 49 whisk past me when I approached Broadway and Republican. See, the bus stop is actually two blocks up Broadway at Roy, so I assumed that I had just barely missed the bus. But whatever, I am not one to chase my bus -- I firmly believe that you're either there on-time or too bad so sad. Another bus is bound to come at some point, so if you can't be there on time, your punishment is that you must wait. Anyway, I kept walking toward my bus stop and the bus didn't move. Through some karma-riffic miracle the bus decided to "make up time" at my stop! Thus, I was able to get to campus without having to chase it down or wait an additional 15 minutes for the next one! Furthermore, if I had had to take the next bus, I would have been caught in a torrential downpour without an umbrella. Let's see how the ride home goes...

2 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Matthew W. Wilson said...

Wow. I'm totally impressed by your command and control of the bus.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Final Answer said...

Those glasses are just too heavy for running!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home