Tuesday, December 13, 2005

a Vintage fleet to celebrate !

I'm happy to report that the MO crews trip to "Spot and Shop" in Vancouver was a sucess! We were wowed by the hard-working little vintage trolley coaches!
Being a no-camera spotter, I am happy to say I found a nice photo on the web that captures the experience well. In the words of the author (thanks!): "2772 leads two other fleet members through the Granville/W Hastings St Junction. Enthusiasts will never get bored at this intersection." Indeed

We rode the #4 route several times back and forth b/w Kitsalano and Downtown. The frequency of this route puts Seattle Metro to shame, and the coaches were surprisingly clean on the inside - even late saturday night.

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Final Answer said...

I concur 100%. That photo may appear vintage itself, but that's what the fleet really looks like. One of my favorite moments was when we "read the Buzzer" -- the off-line Vancouver version of Multiple O! Each coach was fitted with retro brochure holders full of all sorts of bus info. I can't wait to "Spot and Shop" again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home