Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Other Half

Last night I went to a cocktail party with some friends who work for a large software company in the Seattle area. Somehow, the subject of buses came up and I was very excited. To my chagrin, the conversation started with the dreaded "I had to ride the bus the other day and..." and proceeded to be a discussion about how smelly and gross the buses and its patrons are. I was quite confused because the buses these folks ride are known to be luxurious. In fact, one person mentioned that this very same bus had wi-fi! It seems as if the philosophical nature of this group of people is only experienced when they are in their homeland. One did ask me, "Have you learned some bigger truth by riding the bus each day?" I proceeded to talk about how I have come to appreciate the physical bus itself, rather than the people inside. Then everyone started talking about the weather.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Matthew W. Wilson said...

Sounds like you were struck with a case of the Bell Town Stripes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home