Thursday, August 18, 2005

Bus Karma

I have not been having good bus karma this week. First, my bus didn't come on Tuesday after work. I kept thinking it would come so I waited, and eventually I had waited so long that I caught the next bus, 30 minutes later. (Usually I walk home in these situations but I was real tired -- I had worked an uncharacteristic 9 hour day!) So then yesterday they decided to close off a bunch of streets around Harborview so I went to where the new bus stop was supposed to be, but that bus didn't come either. Having learned my lesson, I walked home -- sure enough, the #60 passed me about 4 minutes into my walk. And now this morning my bus was 10 minutes late, which I don't really care about, but it's sketchy since I get on at the first stop.

HOwever, in all of my bus waiting, I have been making massive amounts of spots -- #4205 many times, #4212, #4204 twice, and many #4000 series. Sadly I haven't seen #4026 (my favorite bus!!!) in several weeks. Maybe that's the cause of my bad bus karma?

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Matthew W. Wilson said...

Maybe this bad karma is not a resultant of your own behavior, but feeds off the fear and disdain of public transit from those in your household. Ahh... Have you had anyone near to you who might have disrupted your own spiritual (and ritual) relationship with the bus system?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home