Monday, August 08, 2005

Bus Stop Partners 4 Life?

Today was Day #6 in the newest chapter of my life -- "Bus Stop Partners." See, I have always cherished my solo morning bus rides. Whether it's reading the paper, drinking my coffee, listened to some tunes, whatever...I like to do it alone. Enter Bus Stop Partners. These are the folks you meet at non-bus-related social functions who proclaim, "OMG you are at my bus stop every morning! We take the same bus!" And now you are forever faced with the dilemma of: a) sitting by them every morning, thus giving up your preferred peaceful morning commute, but making a friend in the process (which 95% of the time is a good thing), or b) retain the private bus ride by pretending not to see your bus partners but do so at the expense of being labelled the Snob (or worse) of Broadway and Republican for the duration of your bus-riding life.

Lately, I have been choosing option A with remarkably good results. I may even go so far as to recommend it.

3 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....so long as they understand the neccessity of your noting the #, place, time and direction of every passing coach ("bus" to all you newbies)

-M-A-N

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Final Answer said...

Day #7 UPDATE: Today's presence of a Bus Partner almost prevented me from spotting a Prized Coach! Talk talk talk! Too too much! Thankfully, M-A-N sent an SMS forewarning me of the approaching coach and I was able to make a stealthy spot. ~S43

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Final Answer said...

What happens when a Bus Partner avoids YOU?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home