Friday, August 24, 2007

Bus Day! End-to-end riding + trolley breakdown!

On KUOW (NPR) right now, a man is talking about his adventures in riding every Seattle Metro bus, end-to-end, in numerical order. He may be the most serious bus enthusiast in Western Washington and the interviewer is in awe. The rider just suggested that everyone ride the #60 in order to see the "United Nations on board." Perhaps I represented Denmark?

NEWS FLASH: Today I was riding the #49 to the U-District, and the entire bus was forced to leave the coach at the base of Capitol Hill at Harvard and Eastlake. As I walked across the University Bridge, I saw quite a sight -- all trolley coaches were stopped in their places! The trolley wires were dead! I asked a Metro driver what happened and was told that it was "time to take a martini break." TGIF!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home